Wednesday 3 June 2015

Whole School Cross-country


What a great morning we had at Waipuna Park on Tuesday for our whole school cross-country. The sun was shining and everyone looked fabulous in their house colours. In Room 4 we have been writing recounts about the cross-country. Leave a comment below with your thoughts or feelings about the cross-country. For more photos of the day please visit the sports page. 

Read a selection of our cross-country recounts below:

We went to Waipuna Park on the bus and the whole school came to. We ran around the trees and we went through the log. I was tired. I got a number 7 card and it was fun. 

By Abigail 

On Tuesday the whole of Tauriko School went to Waipuna Park on the bus for our cross-country. When it was my turn to run we all lined up at the start. The man shot the starting gun into the air and we were off running. We ran around the grass, up the hill, over or under the log and through the walnut trees. We could hear lots of people cheering us on. When we came near the finish line I started to sprint. After all my running I cam 2nd in the Year 2 boys race. I felt puffed but I was happy and had lots of fun. 

By Sam and the Exclamation Marks (with Mrs van Dijks help)

7 comments:

  1. I ran really fast at the beginning of the race. Then I got tired going up the big hill. I went under the big log. At the end of the cross country I got 3rd out of the girls. I was tired but really happy I got points for my house Rimu.

    TAHLIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great morning at Waipuna Park! It was really good seeing so many parents turn up to support their children and cheer them on, lucky for us the rain held off! The icing on the cake was seeing Camryn cross the finish line as first Year 2 girl!
    Michelle (Camryn's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sam and the Exclamation Marks!!
    I loved all the detail you had in your story and your use of commas was AWESOME!!
    Terri (Sam's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you participating Cruz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of Room 4 were awesome at the cross country - you made everyone really proud the way you kept trying. Especially Abigail - who was pretty nervous since it was her first cross country! I loved seeing the determined looks on everyone's faces!
    Catherine (Abigail's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day ! Lots of very fast kiddies :) Kyla was very proud after finishing her very first cross country race , even if it was with the year 2's ! Erica ( Kylas mum )

    ReplyDelete